What is a GPO
Learn More About Group Purchasing
What is a GPO?
A Medical Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) is an entity that leverages the purchasing power of a group of businesses to obtain discounts from vendors based on the collective buying power of the GPO Group Purchasing members.
Improve operating expenses — immediately.
We realize savings and efficiencies by aggregating purchasing volume of healthcare providers and use that leverage to negotiate discounts with manufacturers, distributors and other vendors.
Top Five Considerations When Selecting a Group Purchasing Organization:
If you have clicked here, you are interested in learning a little more about group purchasing.
There are five things you need to consider when selecting a group purchasing organization:
1) Do they serve your market? Make sure they are designed to handle your type of practice.
Make sure they are not just focused on the hospital market – you want them to be focused on your particular needs.
2) Customer Service:
– Do they charge a fee to join?
– Is their enrollment process simple?
– Do they provide you customer service?
– Is there someone on the other end of the line when you have a question?
(These are all very important)
3) Can they provide you significant savings?
A lot of Medical Group Purchasing Organization will claim to provide deep discounts,
4) Are there restrictions on your purchasing?
– Minimum delivery
– Do they require you to purchase in bulk or by the pallet?
5) Does their product portfolio represent at least 80% of what you purchase
If not, will you be penalized for buying off contract?
There are some considerations for you to make in searching for a GPO Group purchasing organization.
We are happy to answer all these questions and provide you with additional information; all you have to do is shoot an email to email@example.com or give Valerie or Jackie a call at 888-906-4217. We look forward to hearing from you.